Saturday 4 October 2014

Making use of our rubbish! Turning baby wipes packets into a toddler quiet game

Having two children in nappies means we get through a LOT of baby wipes.  I personally hate throwing things away so I try to reuse and recycle as much as possible.   I've been saving the clip lids off the wipes packets thinking that I could use them in some way and after a bit of a Pinterest search last night I came across the idea of a simple 'lift the flap' quiet game.  So here is my take on it...



Daniel has had great fun this morning lifting the flaps and finding the animals underneath.  It's been great for him to practice his fine motor skills in being able to open the lids, and I will also be working with him to learn the names of the animals underneath.

How to make it:

  • Print off some pictures of animals (or any other theme you choose) and some phrases onto white paper. 
  • Cut the animals out and stick them to a piece of card (making sure they were well spaced for the lids).
  • Decorate the card as you fancy, then laminate 
  • Cut out the phrases and stick them to the wipes lids
  • Using double-sided tape stick the lids onto the laminate, press down firmly until they are secure, and voila!  You have a quick and easy toddler quiet game :)
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment