Monday 6 October 2014

Homemade Christmas Presents Part 1: Rainbow peg matching game

I like to make homemade gifts for people and Christmas is no exception.  I can't show you all what I'm making for family and friends as that would ruin the surprise, but I can post the toys and games I'm making for the boys.  I've finally completely finished my first Christmas gift for Daniel - a rainbow peg matching game, made simply from some wooden pegs and some sample paint charts from Homebase!  This has been 80% finished for quite a while now but I needed a box or a bag to store it in and after not finding a suitable box amongst my recycling, I opted to sew a patchwork bag using some of my fabric scraps.  You will have to excuse the wonkiness as I cut the pieces out whilst watching a very dramatic episode of Casualty with a glass of wine... I was a little distracted!  I'm sure Daniel won't mind the wonkiness though :)  So here it is...




Fingers crossed Daniel likes it when he opens it on Christmas day!

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment